Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Arbeloa: "You'd think praising Mourinho was a crime"

Álvaro Arbeloa talked to Spanish radio station 'Cadena COPE' about José Mourinho and the Casillas saga.
After infamously defending the Portuguese coach in a recent interview, the full-back isn't changing his tune. "When I said what I did about Mou, it's because that's how I felt, not because I'm thinking about leaving Real Madrid. Often you could be forgiven for thinking that praising Mou was a crime, but I'm speaking from experience, having worked with him day in, day out for the last three years", he explained.
Arbeloa also sought to clarify the criticism he voiced in the interview: "I was talking about myself; there were no indirect digs at anyone. I was the first to hold myself up as an example and I never mentioned any teammates". He also joked about the flak he has received: "I've taken so much heat it's a surprise I haven't got burns all over, but my conscience is clear and I know I'm no traitor".
The defender did acknowledge that his relationship with Casillas has cooled. "We aren't as close as we used to be. One day it will work itself out; over time we will have the chance to clear the air face to face", Arbeloa stated, before adding that "it's not fair to bring Mourinho into it - it's between me and Iker".
Nevertheless, Arbeloa insisted that the pair can still play together without any problems. "We still have a professional relationship. On the pitch, I have 10 teammates I give my everything for, Casillas included". Finally, the defender looked to draw a line under the whole affair, claiming it is "not spoiling the atmosphere in the Spain camp".

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About