Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Monreal: "Isco will be a success at Real"

Add caption
MARCA.com caught up with Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal to discuss his first few months in London and his former Málaga teammate Isco, who is on the verge of signing for Real Madrid.
Was moving from Spain to Arsenal a big culture shock?
It wasn't, actually, because I didn't really have time to dwell on it. It happened overnight. On 31st December I was training with Málaga, and then on 1st January I was at Arsenal. Now, three and a half months on, I can say that I made the right decision. People have been good to me from the moment I got here and it's a huge club. They treat you great and you never want for anything.
Arsenal can't seem to get over the finish line to win a trophy in recent years. Why is that?
It's true that we haven't won a trophy for eight years and that hurts. Arsenal has a very young squad and sells players, which is why it's in such good financial health. But the team changes every year and that takes its toll.
Monreal: Isco will be a success at Real
Would you like to play alongside Higuaín?
Would I ever! He's a top player and I've always been a big fan. He's a natural-born goalscorer and would fit right in.
Do you think Isco will be a success at Real?
Definitely. Isco will be a success wherever he goes. He's a great player. It might take him a little time to adapt, but he'll have his chances eventually and will make the most of them.
What's your take on Málaga from afar?
I'm watching the events unfold with a mixture of nostalgia and sadness at the club's situation. I wish them the best. I have really fond memories of Málaga. I was very happy in the city and the people treated me fantastically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About